New Directions in Numerical Linear Algebra and High Performance Computing: Celebrating the 70th Birthday of Jack Dongarra , July 17, 2020
This international workshop focuses on numerical linear algebra and high performance computing and brings together researchers working in these areas to discuss current developments and challenges in the light of evolving computer hardware. The workshop is being held to honour Jack Dongarra on the occasion of his 70th birthday.
- Zhajoun Bai, University of California, Davis
- James Demmel, University of California, Berkeley
- Jack Dongarra, University of Tennessee, Oak Ridge Laboratory and University of Manchester
- Iain Duff, Science & Technology Facilities Council
- Nick Higham, University of Manchester
- Ilse Ipsen, North Carolina State University
- David Keyes, King Abdullah University of Science and Technology
- Piotr Luszczek, University of Tennessee
- Cleve Moler (TBC), MathWorks
- Yves Robert, Ecole Normale Supérieure de Lyon
- Erich Strohmaier, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
- Françoise Tisseur, University of Manchester
Information on registration will be published on this page soon.
Delegates can submit, during the registration process, abstracts for consideration. Deadline to be announced.
The Royal Society.
All talks will take place in Frank Adams Room 1 in the Alan Turing Building of the School of Mathematics at the University of Manchester.The building is 20 minutes walk from the city centre and 15 minutes walk from Piccadilly or Oxford Road train stations; see how to get here.
The organizers are Sven Hammarling, Nick Higham, and Françoise Tisseur.