New Directions in Numerical Linear Algebra and High Performance Computing: Celebrating the 70th Birthday of Jack Dongarra , July 8, 2021 – NEW DATE
This international workshop (postponed from July 2020) focuses on numerical linear algebra and high performance computing and brings together researchers working in these areas to discuss current developments and challenges in the light of evolving computer hardware. The workshop is being held to honour Jack Dongarra on the occasion of his 70th birthday.
- Zhajoun Bai, University of California, Davis
- James Demmel, University of California, Berkeley
- Jack Dongarra, University of Tennessee, Oak Ridge Laboratory and The University of Manchester
- Iain Duff, Science & Technology Facilities Council
- Nick Higham, The University of Manchester
- Ilse Ipsen, North Carolina State University
- David Keyes, King Abdullah University of Science and Technology
- Piotr Luszczek, University of Tennessee
- Cleve Moler, MathWorks
- Yves Robert, Ecole Normale Supérieure de Lyon
- Erich Strohmaier, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
- Françoise Tisseur, The University of Manchester
Session 1. Chair: Nick Higham
|08.30-09.00||Registration & Coffee|
|09.00-09.15||Welcome from organizers|
|09.15-09.35||Iain Duff (Science & Technology Facilities Council)|
|09.40-10.00||James Demmel (University of California, Berkeley)|
|10.05-10.25||Piotr Luszczek (University of Tennessee)|
|10.30-11.00||Coffee and posters|
|11.00-11.20||Cleve Moler (MathWorks)|
|11.25-11.45||Yves Robert (Ecole Normale Supérieure de Lyon)|
|11.50-12.10||Françoise Tisseur (The University of Manchester)|
|12.15-14.00||Lunch and posters|
Session 2. Chair: Sven Hammarling
|14.00-14.20||David Keyes (King Abdullah University of Science and Technology)|
|14.25-14.45||Zhajoun Bai (University of California, Davis)|
|14.50-15.10||Ilse Ipsen (North Carolina State University)|
|15.15-15.45||Tea and posters|
|15.45-16.05||Erich Strohmaier (Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory)|
|16.10-16.30||Nick Higham (The University of Manchester)|
|16.35-16.55||Jack Dongarra (University of Tennessee, Oak Ridge Laboratory and The University of Manchester)|
|17.00-18.00||Reception and poster session|
Registration will open in early 2021.
Delegates can submit, during the registration process, abstracts for consideration. A limited number can be accepted because of time and space constraints.
The Royal Society.
All talks will take place in Frank Adams Room 1 & 2 in the Alan Turing Building of the Department of Mathematics at the The University of Manchester.The building is 20 minutes walk from the city centre and 15 minutes walk from Piccadilly or Oxford Road train stations; see how to get here.
The organizers are Sven Hammarling, Nick Higham, and Françoise Tisseur.
Click here for the conference poster.