New Directions in Numerical Linear Algebra and High Performance Computing: Celebrating the 70th Birthday of Jack Dongarra , July 7-8, 2021
This international workshop (postponed from July 2020 and being held virtually) focuses on numerical linear algebra and high performance computing and brings together researchers working in these areas to discuss current developments and challenges in the light of evolving computer hardware. The workshop is being held to honour Jack Dongarra on the occasion of his 70th birthday.
- Zhaojun Bai, University of California, Davis
- James Demmel, University of California, Berkeley
- Jack Dongarra, University of Tennessee, Oak Ridge Laboratory and The University of Manchester
- Iain Duff, STFC-RAL and Cerfacs
- Nick Higham, The University of Manchester
- Ilse Ipsen, North Carolina State University
- David Keyes, King Abdullah University of Science and Technology
- Piotr Luszczek, University of Tennessee
- Cleve Moler, MathWorks
- Yves Robert, Ecole Normale Supérieure de Lyon
- Erich Strohmaier, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
- Françoise Tisseur, The University of Manchester
The times are in British Summer Time (BST). (If the following table does not format correctly please adjust your browser width.)
Day 1. Chair: Nick Higham
|15.00-15.15||Welcome from organizers|
|15.15-15.35||Iain Duff (STFC-RAL and Cerfacs)|
|15.40-16.00||James Demmel (University of California, Berkeley)|
|16.05-16.25||Piotr Luszczek (University of Tennessee)|
|16.50-17.10||Cleve Moler (MathWorks)|
|17.15-17.35||Yves Robert (Ecole Normale Supérieure de Lyon)|
|17.40-18.00||Françoise Tisseur (The University of Manchester)|
Day 2. Chair: Sven Hammarling
|15.05-15.25||David Keyes (King Abdullah University of Science and Technology)|
|15.30-15.50||Zhaojun Bai (University of California, Davis)|
|15.55-16.15||Ilse Ipsen (North Carolina State University)|
|16.40-17.00||Erich Strohmaier (Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory)|
|17.05-17.25||Nick Higham (The University of Manchester)|
|17.30-17.50||Jack Dongarra (University of Tennessee, Oak Ridge Laboratory and The University of Manchester)|
Registration is now open. The registration deadline is July 2, 2021.
The Royal Society.
The organizers are Sven Hammarling, Nick Higham, and Françoise Tisseur.
Click here for the conference poster.